Goulash, American. American Goulash is an easy old-fashioned comforting meal that is perfect for the cold winter months. Everything cooks in the same pot, even the pasta! Goulash is a hearty dish of stewed beef and tomatoes that was first developed in Hungary.
The pasta cooks right in the sauce, so this satisfying dish can cook in just one pot. Brace yourself — this American Goulash recipe has been in my family for generations! Goulash has variations in many cultures, but they all center around bringing families together. You can cook Goulash, American using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Goulash, American
- You need of Pasta.
- Prepare 1 pound of macaroni elbows.
- It’s 3 quart of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- You need of Meat and Sauce.
- Prepare 2 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need 2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 30 ounces of diced tomatoes.
- You need 45 ounce of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of diced fire roasted peppers.
- You need of Topping it off.
- You need To taste of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need To taste of red pepper flakes.
My grandmother's sacred recipe ticks all the must-have boxes for "hug-in-a-bowl" pasta recipes: thick tomato-sauce; zesty garlic; rich herbs; and as much cheese as I can stand. American Goulash is an easy, one-pot, classic comfort food made with ground beef, tomatoes, and macaroni noodles. Enjoy year-round, and delicious leftover, this irresistible Goulash Recipe is guaranteed to win over even the pickiest eaters! This American Goulash is pure comfort food made all in one pot.
Goulash, American instructions
- Dice the onion add to the ground sirloin and cook with the beef. Dice up the pepper and gather the minced garlic. I used an old fashioned potato masher to mash the meat into small pieces. Cook the pasta according to directions on the package..
- There is a lot of juices so I drained it. Keep simmering the onion and ground sirloin..
- Add the pepper and garlic. Simmer 10 minutes. Add the rest of the seasonings. Simmer 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes..
- Stir in and simmer 7 minutes then add the sauce. Simmer 20 minutes. Now add the honey stir in and taste. Spoon the pasta over and add a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Don't adjust the salt till after you add the grated Parmesan cheese. Add the cheese stir often for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the flavors..
- Let rest covered for about 10 minutes. Serve and add toppings if desired. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Made with simple ingredients: ground beef, canned tomatoes and macaroni. This recipe for Grandma's Goulash is an old family recipe that is totally American and is super easy to make. American goulash is made with a tomato baste, ground beef, and elbow macaroni. Topped with a variety of seasoning to give it that rich, savory flavor. I actually remember eating this in elementary school.