Low Carb Braised Beef Stew. A rich low carb beef stew recipe featuring meltingly tender beef and perfectly cooked vegetables. Your ketogenic diet just got better. The best low carb vegetables for beef stew are: celery, mushrooms, green beans, celery root, turnips, rutabaga, and radishes.
Gorgeously tender, melt in the mouth beef packed with lots of chunky low carb veg all bubbling. Beef and cabbage stew with a tomato base is a lower-carb version of traditional beef stew; garnish with sour cream. This recipe for Low-Carb Beef Bourguignon Stew can be made in an Instant Pot or a Slow Cooker. You can have Low Carb Braised Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Braised Beef Stew
- You need 1 kg of Beef (any tough cut eg beef cheeks) cut into large chunks.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 2 of Brown Onions – sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Chilli Flakes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Tomato Paste.
- You need 4 cups of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 7 of Red Radishes.
- Prepare 2 Stalks of Celery (roughly chopped).
- Prepare 4 of Carrots (rougly chopped).
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
I've altered this traditional French stew recipe so it can be part of a low-carb, keto, Atkins, diabetic, Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, or Banting Diet. This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe might be the best beef stroganoff you've ever had! It's creamy, rich, and best of all, it's low carb! Every recipe I've seen uses flour to thicken gravy with the renderings from the beef stew meat.
Low Carb Braised Beef Stew step by step
- Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees fan forced. Season the flour with salt & pepper and cover the beef with the seasoned flour and batch fry to seal the meat in a oven ready cast iron pan. Remove the meat and set aside..
- In the same pan add the onion, bay leaves and garlic and fry until lightly browned. Adding a dash of water to scrape any meat residue from the bottom of the pan..
- Add the spices (paprika, coriander & chilli) to the onion, cook till fragrant for 1 minute then add the tomato paste. Stir through then add the chopped vegetables. Stir to coat well..
- Add the meat incl meat juices to the dish and coat well. Add the beef stock and soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover then move to the preheated oven and braise for 1.5 hours..
- After 1.5 hours remove from oven, stir through, cover and braise for another hour. After 2.5 hours the meat should be tender and it should be ready to serve. You can serve with toasted baguette slices. Enjoy 😋.
But the fact is, cream is a great thickener, and Xanthan gum. Low-carb and easy braised beef with roasted red radish and jicama. Please subscribe for new healthy and easy recipes! Top tip for making Braised beef stew. This low carb beef stew is thick and chock full of vegetables.