Caprese Chicken (Italian/Keto). Soft mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, and fresh basil—yes please!. We Love A Good Keto Chicken Recipe. And, we've got plenty for you on our food blog ketoconnect.net!
It has all the fresh and light flavors of summer, but is equally as delicious all year round. Free carb counter and keto diet tracker for the low carb and ketogenic diet. Track exercise, weight, ketones, blood glucose, and body measurements. You can cook Caprese Chicken (Italian/Keto) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caprese Chicken (Italian/Keto)
- It’s of Base.
- It’s 2 of Chicken Breasts.
- You need 1 of Brick Fresh Mozzarella.
- You need 4 of Medium Tomatoes.
- You need of Flavor.
- You need to taste of Basil.
- It’s to taste of Olive Oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Garlic.
- Prepare to taste of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need to taste of Balsamic Reduction.
Access keto meal plans and articles. This Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chicken is an easy dinner that's impressive for dinner guests, but easy enough to make on a weeknight. The filling with sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella cheese tastes so amazing! This recipe is Trim Healthy Mama friendly (THM S), low carb, keto and gluten free (if using certified gf ingredients).
Caprese Chicken (Italian/Keto) step by step
- Prep: Pound, trim and Dan chicken dry with a paper towel..
- Prep: Slice mozzarella into thick slices, chop basil, shred parmesan and mince garlic..
- Cook: Heat Pan to Medium-High and season chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper & garlic. Place the chicken in the pan and let it brown, then flip and let the other side brown. Continue cooking till fully cooked through and then remove. (Let it sit aside, uncut).
- Cook: Add a little bit more olive oil and reduce heat to medium. Place the tomatoes onto the pan, seasoning with salt, pepper and basil. Cook on both sides to build flavor, but avoid letting the tomatoes becoming too soft. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Cook: Slice up the chicken into strips. Place the mozzarella in the pan and allow one side to fry till it's just starting to melt on the one side. Then flip it and place the chicken on top of it. Cover with parmesan cheese and allow the mozzarella to melt a bit more..
- Plate: Plate the tomatoes, then mozzarella/chicken. Top with parmesan and balsamic reduction. Serve immediately..
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. A classic Caprese Salad contains tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil, and is one of my go to keto appetizers. It pairs perfectly with the chicken since we are infusing the breadcrumbs with all kinds of italian flavors. The chicken is very tender and juicy since it's baked in a balsamic glaze. The balsamic glaze is the star of this sweet and savory dish and it's really simple to make.