Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Pour in the wine, bring to a boil, and add the heavy cream, half-and. Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta is best served right after combining the sauce and the pasta.
The Story Behind Creamy Rigatoni with Sausage and Fennel. The first time I made this pasta, I made it just for me and my husband, and there were no leftovers. The second time I made this pasta, I made it for my dinner club, and we finished the meal eating the pasta remnants straight out of the serving bowl with a fork — no leftovers. You can cook Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream
- You need 5 of Italian sausages, casings removed and cut into 1/4 in rounds.
- Prepare 16 oz of dry pasta (ideally penne, but I only had linguine).
- You need 1 of bulb fennel, chopped (reserve the fronds for garnish).
- You need 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
E asy, quick, and a real crowd pleaser of a pasta, with sweet, soft fennel and crispy nuggets of sausage. Use any pasta you like, though spaghetti works particularly well. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a. These three words, when combined, might just be my favorite phrase ever.
Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream instructions
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add the Italian sausages to the pan (no oil needed, they'll release oil as they cook). Fry until the sausages start to brown. If your pot of water is boiling by this point, drop in the pasta..
- Add the fennel to the pan of sausages and fry for 2 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and fry another 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and a couple of splashes of pasta cooking water and turn the heat down to low..
- Stir the butter into the sauce until it melts, then add the cream. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste..
- When the pasta is a minute from done, drag it into the pan of sauce. Toss everything together. Add pasta cooking water as needed to loosen the noodles. Serve with a garnish of the fennel fronds and freshly grated parmesan..
The tomato-based cream sauce provides a velvety backdrop to the sweet fennel sausage, and the pappardelle proves to be the perfect medium to deliver both right to your mouth. And the best part – this can be on your table (and in your mouth) in no time! Return the pasta to the pot over medium-high heat and stir in the sausage mixture until well combined. When pureeing fennel one day, I realized its velvety texture would make for a creamy, delicious pasta sauce—without all the guilt. My experiment worked, and now I enjoy this good-for-you pasta sauce all the time. —Deb Schwab, Moraga, California My recipe for Fennel and Sausage Pasta in a cream and white wine sauce is an upgrade of an old favourite.