Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan. Eggplant (Brinjal) Parmesan is a delicious recipe created by Devialini, one of my readers. I tweaked the recipe a little by adding some cream to the beaten egg and dried Italian herbs to the Parmesan coating. Eggplant Parmesan makes a great snack or side dish.
If you have the time you can cook the eggplant by frying or in your Air Fryer. How do I make keto slow cooker eggplant Parmesan? The most important thing is to make sure you choose a keto marinara sauce. You can cook Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan
- You need 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 of whole fresh, Baked Eggplant (1 Whole – Medium).
- You need 2 of medium, Organic Zucchini, Fresh.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp, Tomato Paste – Canned.
- You need 24 of oz., Crushed organic tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of tsp, Organic Vegetable Base.
- It’s 1 of tbsp, Organic Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of tsp, Crushed Garlic.
- You need 8 of oz., Fresh Mozzarella.
- Prepare 8 of oz., Ricotta Cheese.
- You need 8 of oz, Pecorino Romano.
- You need 8 of oz, Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of filtered water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare 2 dashes of ground nutmeg.
As you can see, I use almond meal in this keto eggplant parmesan recipe. This is a nutritious ingredient that keeps this dish keto and gluten-free. It's best to use a coarse almond meal (product link in the recipe card below) rather than fine almond flour. This crock pot ground beef eggplant casserole is a modification of my hamburger pie with eggplant recipe.
Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan instructions
- Add olive oil and onion to bottom of crock pot and simmer on low until onion is translucent approximately 10 minutes..
- Add crushed garlic and simmer for another minute.
- Add sliced eggplant and zucchini, stir and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer on medium for 6 hours.
- Add a large serving spoon to a heat resistant bowl, sprinkle some parmesan and grated mozzarella cheese on top and broil for about 5 minutes..
I basically just doubled the recipe and slow cooked it in the casserole crock pot instead of the oven. This allowed me to run errands for a few hours and not have to babysit the oven. Turns out, there are a lot of great aubergine recipes out there. I've always loved eggplant so many of the recipes are from my own collection. And, I've got a list of a couple new keto friendly recipes to try.