Kimchi Fried Rice. Not the high-heat stir-fry you might expect, Grace Lee's home-style fried-rice recipe uses a simple technique — make an easy, flavorful kimchi sauce, mellowed out with butter, and sauté leftover rice in it It's perfect for a snack or a quick, simple meal The Spam, though optional, reflects many Koreans' love of foods introduced by the American military. Kimchi and rice is stir fried with smoky bacon and spicy kimchi juice. What is Kimchi Fried Rice Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap, 김치 볶음밥) is a type of Korean fried rice and it is predominantly cooked with kimchi (obviously!) To give it more texture and flavor a variety Kimchi Fried Rice – easy fried rice made with Korean kimchi.
This is a great use for leftovers, too. You can freeze this recipe for up to three months. When cooking your defrosted rice, add a little extra soy sauce so it doesn't dry out. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Kimchi Fried Rice, or Kimchi Bokkeumbap (볶음밥), is a simple, delicious fried rice recipe that's made with mature kimchi, rice, and just a handful of other ingredients. You can cook Kimchi Fried Rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kimchi Fried Rice
- You need 1 of plate of cold rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of kimchi.
- Prepare 2 strip of bacon.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/8 of onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of mushrooms powder (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
The trick is in how the ingredients are combined, which can turn it into one of the most flavorful rice dishes ever. Add sesame oil and remove from the heat. Kimchi fried rice (kimchi bokkeumbap, 김치볶음밥) is a humble Korean dish made basically with kimchi and leftover rice. Since Korean homes almost always have these two staples, kimchi fried rice is a favorite go-to meal whenever there seems to be nothing to eat at home.
Kimchi Fried Rice instructions
- Prepare all of ingredients, chop garlic and cut onion into dice. Heat 1 tbsp oil with medium heat, saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add bacon and cook for 1 minute.
- Add rice and kimchi. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes..
- Add the seasonings. Mix it well and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Kimchi Fried Rice is ready to serve with egg ✨.
Tip in the rice, breaking it up with the back of your spoon, then stir through the carrot. Heat canola oil in large skillet over high heat. Stir ground beef and white parts of green onion into skillet and reduce heat to medium. Loaded with kimchi, mushrooms, carrots, kale and a fried egg! Sure to be a weeknight favorite!