Rohu Rui Fish In Orange Juice Gravy. Fish takes the leading role in most of the Bengali Families daily menu. Fish takes the leading role in most of the Bengali Families daily menu. Bengalis are eating vast verity of fishes, and the list of the preparation that can be made from this fishes are countless.
Several research studies have shown that the kind of food we consume at early stages of life sets in the metabolism pace of our body for the rest of our life. Therefore, the benefits of eating right at early years will be greater and long lasting. Nutrition, health, and wellness are intricately inter-linked. You can have Rohu Rui Fish In Orange Juice Gravy using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rohu Rui Fish In Orange Juice Gravy
- It’s 1 kg of Rohu /Rui Fish.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Kalonji / Nigella Seeds.
- Prepare 2 of Dry Red chilli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger paste.
- You need 1 of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 4-5 of Green Chilli.
- You need 1/2 cup of Orange Juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala Powder.
- It’s As needed of Mustard oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Aberrations in our nutrition tend to influence significantly on our health and well-being. 'Komola Lebu' or 'Komla Lebu' (Orange) is the most common fruits during winter. Many of you must have tried different sweet dishes with this juicy fruit like 'Kheer Komola' or 'Komol Bhog' or 'Orange Cake' may be simple custard. But have you ever thought of cooking fish with orange juice and that to with Rui… Rohu fish cutting in different ways / Rui / Roho labeo / Rohita / Indian Carp. Its whole body is covered with scales except fins and head.
Rohu Rui Fish In Orange Juice Gravy instructions
- Clean the fish pieces and marinate them with the turmeric Powder & salt and keep them aside for 10 mins..
- Heat the oil in pan fry the fish pieces till golden on both sides.Transfer the fish in a plate and Keep aside..
- Add some oil in that pan then add kalonji (Nigella seeds) & dry chilli for tempering to the oil.When they starts splattering add ginger paste.Saute till raw smell goes off..
- Now add tomato paste and all dry masala powders,salt to taste,some lukewarm water and cook for 3-4 minutes.When masala cooked well and raw smell goes off fully add more water (as required) to make fish gravy..
- When water starts to boil add those fried fish pieces.Cover it and cook for 10 minutes,add salt if required..
- Open the lid and lower the flame and add the orange juice and mix it well..
- Cover the lid again and cook for another 5-6 minutes on low flame..
- Don’t cook for longer time once you add the orange juice.Open the lid and add garam masala powder and green chilli. Give a quick mix and turn off the flame..
- Remove from heat and let it rest for 5-6 minutes.Now Rui komola is ready,serve it with white rice or Pulao..
It mainly eats rotten weeds and left waste material. During the monsoon season, the Rohu fish gives eggs once in a year. This fish is most famous and popular because of its taste and high market demand. Fish eggs come in a variety of sizes, shapes and colors. Caviar comes from sturgeon, a type of fish found around the world, but notably in the Caspian Sea and Ural River, where five of the six species living in those areas, including the beluga, are prized for their fish eggs.